Living in Malaysia with our famous 3 seasons (Hot, Rain, and Durian?), it's inevitable for us to start craving for some cold beverage. Now with our Hojicha Dark Roast "Aka", you too can start drinking this delicious and refreshing beverage!
The recipe itself takes only 5 minutes to make, although it does require at least 2-8 hours in the fridge. So we suggest making it before going to bed at night. This recipe can also be scaled by half, double or even more! As long as the ratio of 1grams: 100ml of water is followed.
Cold Brew Hojicha "Aka"
- 10 grams or 4 teaspoons of Hojicha "Aka"
- 1L Cold Water
- Add Hojicha "Aka" and 1L of cold water into an air-tight jug.
- Place Jug into the fridge overnight.
- Set aside for at least 2 hours, ideally 8-10 hours.
- Strain* the loose leaf tea with a fine-mesh sieve
- Enjoy your refreshing homemade Cold Brew Hojicha as a Morning, Afternoon, or even Midnight drink.
*Tip: The Loose Leaf Tea can be reused for a refreshing, although much weaker Cold Brew Hojicha.
*Pro Tip! The tea can be substituted with our Genmaicha "Midori" for a cold, refreshing and light brown rice tea.